15 ביולי 2008

Azofra

14/7 19.5 km
Started walking to Loñro. Another big city. Had a really nice old place in it. Got to Nevereta at about 13:30, the albergus opened only at 14:30. Talked to some people on the Camino to pass the time. Went to a church while it was empty. REALLY creepy. It´s all dark with creaking wooden floor and martyrs statues looking at you from everywhere. Those churches are HUGE with HUGE golden alters at the end. Very different from back home. Give you the feeling of "FEAR ME, GOD O MIGHTY!". Much less inviting than the synagogue back home. Took a few pictures inside, upload them when I can.
Had quite a lot to drink at dinner. A third of a bottle of wine, made me sleep well enough altho the snoring :)

15/7 22 km
Started walking early with everyone because we had to get out before 8. Half of the road was near a highway so it wasn´t very nice, but I took a detour that added only 0.5 km and ate breakfast at a place called Ventos. I´ve seen a snake on the road after a while, green with a black stripe on its back. Almost hit it with my walking sticks, but it hid in the bushes.
Met two seminarestic catholic priests from the US on the way. They were nice, but it did feel a bit weird.
After passing Najera, I came to Azofra, a small town with a really great alberguse. Only 2 people in a room (rather than 12 or more I got used to) and a nice small pool for relaxing your feet. That was the best thing I had in days. Met the American family again. Really nice people, they hooked me up with a few guys:
Jan-Klod - a 61 year old Canadian from Quebec. A good cook, real smart guy, and very funny. He's like the dad of the group.
Marcos - 20 year old German, a really nice guy that offered me to join their little group.
Andre - 24 year old Austrian. Likes to drink, also going to study electronic engineering, usually a vegetarian (but not on the Camino)
Together we had a drink, bought some food, ate dinner (rice salad and beans with meat) and had a lot of laughs and discussions about life.
I´m having breakfast with them tomorrow, and maybe walk with them for a while.
In my room, there´s an old French dude who snores like a construction site. Probably a good time to mention I bought ear plugs for nights like these, only I seem to always wake up in the middle of the night with them in my hands :)
I hope I drank enough today to fall asleep anyway like yesterday :)
I hope he doesn´t snore too loud. God, please don´t make him snore too loud.

Did 198 km, only 566 to go :)

אין תגובות: