12 ביולי 2008

Los Arcos

11/7

We started walking towards Villajara, and we've reached Estella after doing 9 km in just over 3 hours. Limor stated filling pain in her chest, so we went to the hospital for her to get checked. After some tests and X-rays, the doctor said she´s OK, but she shouldn't lift heavy weights (like her bag) any more. So we took a nice hotel and rested for the day.

12/7

Woke up at 5 so Limor could take the first bus to Pamplona. She'll go to Barcelona for a few days and then back to Israel. It was sad saying goodbye, but I'm sure she'll have a great time in Barcelona. I'm so proud of her holding up so far.

After the bus left, I've started walking. Just out of Estella is a fountain called Bodegas Irache. The weird thing about it, is that instead of water, it pours wine!
The wine fountain in Bodegas Irache
Not good wine, though.
I saw Ian there. His girlfriend Tesa went to teach English, so he´s alone too.

I'm at Los Arcos now, at a really nice albergus. Has a nice "ZOLA".
Met a nice family from the US (parents and one girl)
I've walked fast now that I´m alone. 21 km in 5.5 hours
There's a saying on one of the walls:
"It's not the length of the journey
It's the speed that will kill you"
So, I'm trying not to walk too much, now that I'm alone.

Just a bit more about the bulls.
It's like a national sport here. Bigger than football!
All the day they keep on showing the bull-run over and over again, especially the parts where people get injured (and they do...). And the hole thing is just 5 minuets!
And at night, people fill up pubs and watch the bull fighters on TV. And cheer!
This whole thing is really strange, like a modern gladiator war.

Limor, I love you very much.
I'm so proud of you.
Buen Camino!

P.s.
It got cold and started raining these past two days, but only when I´m done walking.
How convenient :)

אין תגובות: